NET: Invalid SID

CQuillCQuill Posts: 5
edited November 17, 2016 11:25AM in Schema Compare for Oracle
I've been using Schema Compare for Oracle version 3.1.5.1321 on one laptop successfully.

Recently I received a new laptop, so I installed Schema Compare for Oracle (same version) on the new laptop.

When I create a new project on the new laptop (using Manual Connection) I'm entering the exact same setup information as on the old laptop.

When I test the connection, however, I'm always getting a 'NET: Invalid SID' error. The same connection settings are working fine on the old laptop.

Any suggestions on why the same connection settings could be failing on the new laptop?

TIA.

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your forum post.

Can you please check the following option on both the old (if still available) and the new machines.

Tools menu ->Application options ->Connections section. Is the "Prefer direct connection" enabled / checked or disabled / unchecked?

As you are entering the exact same parameters for manual connection, I suspect on the new laptop you need to enable or check the "Prefer direct connection" check box.

Many thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • OtherKyleOtherKyle Posts: 1 New member
    I am getting this same error. I noticed that there is an option to "Connect as" SYSDBA in the GUI that I am not specifying on the command line with the sco command line tool. The connection works in the GUI.

The command I am using is basically as follows, actual SID and password redacted: sco /source sys/password@locahost:1521/SID{SCHEMA} /target sys/password@localhost:1521/SID2{SCHEMA} /scriptfile:"my_schema_script.sql"

I used the lsnrctl status command to find the services on my laptop for the SID.