Objects excluded from comparison

gdmoffittgdmoffitt Posts: 14
I'm a fairly new user to SDC, I've seen some example screenshots of compares where after the initial compare there will be a summary, including "xx objects excluded from the comparison".

I've set up a comparison of a database that has been altered (the versions are about 5 days apart), and even though I have a good number of the tables unchecked when setting up the project, I never get any listed as 'excluded' after the initial compare. Furthermore, during the compare, I can see SDC stopping on and doing a compare on a large table that I've left unchecked.

What am I missing??

Thanks

Comments

• If I remember correctly, we removed the "objects excluded from comparison" section in version 6 of Data Compare - the thinking was that if you'd manually excluded them from your comparison, there wasn't any point taking up valuable screen space telling you about them.

I can't think instantly of any reason why we should be comparing a table that was deselected - I'll check this out in more detail next week, but I think anything you exclude should just be ignored.

Hope that helps,

Robert
    Robert Chipperfield
    Red Gate
  • ok, the screenshots I was looking at were from someone else, and perhaps an earlier version. That makes sense.

appreciate the rapid response!