Setup with a continuous integration server?

nportellinportelli Posts: 3
Is this possible? Is the only way to deal with SQL Source control through the UI? No console support? Or would I just need to checkout the SVN and build my own build script to make the DB? Does anyone have this running with Team City or any CI? I'm guessing to do DB versioning I'd need some compare tool as well.

Thank you

Comments

• SQL Source Control itself only works via the SSMS GUI, however you can achieve a lot (or all) of what you want using SQL Compare which has commandline abilities.

Troy Hunt wrote a blogpost a while back describing some of this and it's well worth a read - see here
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Well that really sucks. Seems awfully limiting to only have a GUI. Is there any guidance on how to take what is stored in the repo and manually rebuilding the DB?
  • The next release of SQL Compare will have new commandline options that will enable you to compare directly to revisions in your source control repo - see here for details on this.

You should be able to then use SQL Compare commandline on an automated basis to compare to your current source controlled revision and update. The new version is hopefully due out before christmas.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Is this useful to you?

http://downloads.red-gate.com/HelpPDF/C ... LTools.pdf

There are some code samples that demonstrate how sqlcompare.exe can be used as part of a continuous integration process.

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software