Options

Redgate Streamed - Virtual Booth Competition

13»

Comments

• Options
    gweavergweaver Posts: 1 New member
    Lots of great sessions!  The extended events one with Grant Fritchey was possibly my favorite.  It went really fast and was packed with good stuff; I will definitely have to watch it again.  I might try to get our dev team to watch his presentation on SQL Injection.  Other greats:  protecting your data with data masking, SSMS and other shortcuts.  They were all really good (anything by Kendra Little is good), but these are the ones that stood out to me as especially helpful to me right now.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. We really enjoyed bringing an in-person conference to you, even if it really was remote. I'd like to thank Louise and Annabel who did the really hard work behind the scenes organizing everything. They made the real magic happen.
  • Options

Learn to effectively use Extended Events 
    Was great, I am still dragging my feet getting into Extended Events and 2 hours after this session I actually used them to look at an issue in our environment.
    WHOOP!!!! Win. 

Just let me know if you have questions. I'll be happy to help.
  • Options
    I greatly enjoyed all the sessions today. Really great topics. Thank you guys for hosting this event and providing us your time and knowledge.
    Thank you for all the great questions. It really helped.
  • Options
    chrisjohnsonchrisjohnson Posts: 1 New member

Didn't manage to see everything because of work and other commitments in the evenings, but Grant's session on convincing the DBA to support DevOps was a stand-out and one I will need to re-watch.

My new company is at a point where they know they need to change things, but they don't really know what changes to make. I've been pushing a few bits of a DevOps approach, along with a couple of other people, but it's making some people nervous so anything about how to put them at ease is really useful to me right now.

Also wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in putting this on. First, because it's always great to learn from smart people, but also because it helped me feel a bit more connected to the outside world during this isolation. So thanks to the presenters, who all had really warm, friendly styles that contributed a lot to the feeling of connection, and to everyone behind the scenes who must have worked very hard to bring it all together in a pretty short space of time.

• Options
    Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions. I'll be happy to help.
  • Options
    PSliPSli Posts: 1 New member
    Loved Steve's session on Unit Testing with tSQLt; I've used xUnit with C# before so it was helpful.
  • Options
    lrustlrust Posts: 1 New member
    I watched a few different ones but did like "The basics of unit tests with tsqlt" and "Use Git for database code: From cheat sheets to Pull Requests". Really helpful as trying to move into a dev ops pipeline soon :)
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone here for tuning into Redgate Streamed and for sharing feedback about the sessions, it was great to find out which session you enjoyed the most. 
    We have picked a winner from the comments in this forum thread, at random, and the winner is: @Abe_Petersen - Congratulations Abe, you get to 'Pick a Prize' (either a license for the SQL Toolbelt or a voucher for $250)! I'll reach out to you via DM. 
    Marketing Manager - Communities
    Redgate
  • Options
    WHOOP! Congratulations @Abe_Petersen and thank you all for the awesome feedback. That's really appreciated. 

More stuff to come. Promise.
  • Options
    cory.blythecory.blythe Posts: 4 Bronze 2
    edited April 15, 2020 12:33PM
    Congratulations @Abe_Petersen!
    @AnnabelB I love all the events, tools, learning, and contests Red-Gate provides, keep up the great work!
  • Options
    Thank you so much guys. Really enjoyed Redgate Streamed this year and I'm not just saying that because I won the contest lol. Thanks again for sharing your time and knowledge with us. We're all better because of what you do.