Redgate Streamed - Virtual Booth Competition

AnnabelBAnnabelB Posts: 107 Gold 4
edited April 30, 2020 10:19AM in General Forum
We hope you've had the opportunity to register for Redgate Streamed, our virtual conference bringing together world-class industry speakers, educational content, and opportunities to network with your peers.

Here's your chance to win an awesome prize from Redgate - just take part in the Redgate streamed competition between April 1-3.

As part of Redgate streamed you can visit the virtual Redgate booth, which simulates our in-person event booth experience. You'll be able to join group post session discussions, book a meeting with a Redgate Advocate, see a live-demo, or chat to one of the team. You can also pick up some free resources by downloading electronic versions of helpful one-pagers and whitepapers. 

As part of your virtual event experience we'd like to give you the opportunity to be entered into a competition and 'Pick a Prize' from Redgate, so that you don't miss out on the opportunity to win something from Redgate. 

Everyone who registers and watches Redgate streamed (live or on-demand) will be able to enter the competition for a chance to win either a SQL Toolbelt license worth £2,495, or a $250 voucher for you preferred online retailer. 

We'll draw a winner at random from everyone who tunes into Redgate Streamed and also comments on this thread.

Just tell us which of the sessions you're enjoying the most during Redgate Streamed and why.
Marketing Manager - Communities
Redgate
Tagged:

Comments

• JimDonahoeJimDonahoe Posts: 1 New member
    Really looking forward to the first session of the event: Use Git for database code: From cheat sheets to Pull Requests.  

Recently been learning how to use GIT and I have learned so much from Kendra in the past!
  • Mark_Timson30Mark_Timson30 Posts: 1 New member
    edited April 1, 2020 1:24PM
    The first presentation Use Git for database code: From cheat sheets to Pull Requests.  
    was informative on deploying scripts and changes across database and environments across from dev ops. Branching and merging was very informative. 

You Dont know how long I have wanted to use Redgate Tools again! My management wont sign off the budget to buy them for our department. Please PLEASE consider me for your competition. Redgate Sql Complete is a god send in SSMS. Keep up the good work with instilling community based learning and making data great for everybody.
    Thanks Mark  :O  
  • LeighfcLeighfc Posts: 3 New member
    I really enjoyed the 1st session -  Use Git for database code: From cheat sheets to Pull Requests. We have started implementing this in my team and its good to see we are on the right track as we doing most of what was said. It was very informative.
  • PeterTilstedPeterTilsted Posts: 1 New member
    For day one, i am waiting for Grant to open my eyes on Extended Events, rest of the speakers are pure Bonus :-)
    Stay safe everybody
  • So tough to pick a favorite, any where I learn something new, Kendra's Git for DB code was excellent, as a noob to using Git, any learning I can pick up is a bonus...
  • Vincenzo_DCVincenzo_DC Posts: 1 New member
    I've enjoyed Kendra's session, Use Git for database code: From cheat sheets to Pull Requests. Next I will have to try to apply that to work - better state approach or migration approach for us?
    Listening to Grant now...
  • mschumachermschumacher Posts: 2 New member
    Extended Event Session was great.. didn't know those exited.. lots of opportunity there
  • paschottpaschott Posts: 71 Bronze 4
    I enjoyed the DevOps/Remote Work session. Took me a little bit to get the right windows showing up. Didn't realize there was a "Chat" option until about 15 minutes in. Thought it was like other webinars where chat/questions went all together to comment.  I'll need to go back and catch some of the other sessions from today on the replay. There were a couple of others that looked interesting.
  • I really enjoyed Rob's presentation on docker containers. That framework of thinking about how data should be anonymized, sanitized and shrunk in each environment was really helpful to parse out just how much data is really needed to do database development work. Also liked the chat at the end. The discussions regarding source control was excellent and clarified a lot of questions I had with DevOps.
  • JaredJJaredJ Posts: 1 New member
    Thank you Red Gate for putting this on and thank you to the presenters. I learned a few new tricks with Extended Events from Grant. Can't wait to see the rest of the presentations.
  • After Mr. Fritchey's Extended Events session, my clinging grasp to Profilers apron string has loosened a bit.
    Russ Mulvaney
    Information Services Coordinator
    University of Saint Francis
    2701 Spring Street
    Fort Wayne Indiana 46808
    www.sf.edu
  • For day one, i am waiting for Grant to open my eyes on Extended Events, rest of the speakers are pure Bonus :-)
    Stay safe everybody
    I hope it was useful. Happy to answer any followups. I had more material and just ran out of time. I need to have about three hours for that session.
  • After Mr. Fritchey's Extended Events session, my clinging grasp to Profilers apron string has loosened a bit.
    WHOOP!!!

And, it's Grant. Just Grant. Anyway, happy to help with any kind of additional questions you might have. Extended Events really is different. For more stuff, go to my blog, scarydba.com.
  • Extended Event Session was great.. didn't know those exited.. lots of opportunity there
    There really is a lot of opportunity. It changes how you do things. It's not just capturing a given event. It's the ability to use the tool to manipulate the data to bring meaning out. Plus, like Profiler, you can still query the data too. Yeah, it's XML, but steal borrow example code from me, Erin Stellato, or others. That's the easy way to do it.
  • Steven_BitaxiSteven_Bitaxi Posts: 1 New member
    Looking forward to day 2! Missed all of day one when my internet went down for 18 hrs. Thank you Redgate for hosting and for making the sessions available on demand, can't wait to catch up. 
  • dasharpdasharp Posts: 5 New member
    edited April 2, 2020 1:22PM
    There is some really informative material in these sessions. Looking forward to the rest of them! Kendra's Use Git for database code: From cheat sheets to Pull Requests has been one of my favorites so far.  
  • paschottpaschott Posts: 71 Bronze 4
    Lots of good tips from Andy's session today. I'll have to review some of those and take some notes for future use. The cheat sheet will be quite helpful.
  • LauraPLauraP Posts: 1 Bronze 1
    Only halfway through this Streamed Conference, but I have enjoyed most of the sessions. I think I have gotten the most from Grant's Extended Events and Andy's shortcuts for me personally, they are easy solutions for everyday problems. I am really interested in the data masking and have a good idea of where to start. I think it will help when we start putting the db into the K8s containers. Not there yet and we will proceed with GREAT caution.
  • BreckDBreckD Posts: 2 New member
    Enjoyed Steve Jones TSQLt session, very eye opening
  • gertburtgertburt Posts: 1 New member
    SQL Injection and tsqlt are both really great.
  • Fantastic sessions again today... Andy Mallon's shortcuts and Grant's SQL injection top of the shop for me today... Thank you again Redgate... Fantastic opportunity to learn "stuff" (for free too)...
  • samuelp101samuelp101 Posts: 1 New member
    Learn a lot more about SQL Injection from Grant Fritchey 's session.
  • LeighfcLeighfc Posts: 3 New member
    I enjoyed all the sessions today, I learnt a lot. I will definitely be trying out some of Andy's shortcuts and Grant's SQL injection was really informative, will be making sure we kill Bobby Tables.....
  • milansmilans Posts: 1 New member
    UPDATE dbo.Users WHERE Username = "me" SET IsWinner = 1 ? ;)
  • Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions on any of the stuff I've gone over.
  • All the sessions today were wonderful and very timely. Andy's tip about pausing the SQL Service changes everything. Wish I knew about that earlier.
  • TimG2TimG2 Posts: 2 New member
    I attended Andy Mallon's talk on SSMS shortcuts but came away with learning about David Klee's tip on causing SQL Server to blue screen. This is great for testing failure in the Availablity Group to see if failover works correctly.  Thanks for this great tip.
    https://www.davidklee.net/2015/11/30/summon-blue-screens-of-death-for-testing-purposes-only-of-course/
  • da_crusherda_crusher Posts: 2 New member
    Andy Mallon's SSMS shortcuts had a profound effect on me.  I am transitioning from DB2 DBA to SQL Server DBA and the shortcut that displays the query executed into the results was excellent.  That tip alone made me feel comfortable as a SQL DBA for the first time since I started my journey because of this feature in SSMS that reminds me of DB2.  
  • Andy Mallon's SSMS shortcuts had a profound effect on me.  I am transitioning from DB2 DBA to SQL Server DBA and the shortcut that displays the query executed into the results was excellent.  That tip alone made me feel comfortable as a SQL DBA for the first time since I started my journey because of this feature in SSMS that reminds me of DB2.  
    That's really great to hear. I'm going to pass this on to Andy.
  • SCGJohnSCGJohn Posts: 8 Bronze 2
    I've really found many of the sessions very helpful.  Thanks to redgate for putting this together!

Most valuable for me right now:
    • Use Git for database code - Kendra Little
    • DevOps with containers - Rob Richardson
    • SQL Injection - Grant Fritchey
    • SQL Notebooks - Rob Sewell