Options

Redgate Streamed - Virtual Booth Competition

Comments

• Options
    JakeinDEJakeinDE Posts: 1 New member
    Great conference overall. Fire hose of info well presented.
  • Options
    dbplatzdbplatz Posts: 1 New member
    Grant Fritchey 's session should be watched by everyone thinking about DevOps.
  • Options
    BjössiBjössi Posts: 1 New member
    Any session with a puppy in it  :D 
    Extended events and SQL Notebooks were useful and the others were eye openers
  • Options
    HamboneDBAHamboneDBA Posts: 2 New member
    edited April 3, 2020 2:54PM
    First session I have seen on Runbooks and Azure Data Studio by Rob Sewell this morning.  I really loved seeing the power that runbooks can bring to the table.  Seems like a perfect solution for a lot of documentation to share with others.  Now I need to take the time to learn more about them and see what we can do with them.  They look so power.
  • Options
    netsec4unetsec4u Posts: 1 New member
    There were several sessions I enjoyed.  Unfortunately, some sessions I wanted to see I could not due to conflicts.  One session that I was not interested in was Grant's session on DevOps, but found it good.

• Options
    seddonkseddonk Posts: 1 New member
    In these strange times having an opportunity to enjoy a conference makes life seem a little more normal, thank you Redgate, and most importantly the amazing contributors
  • Options
    jmedlinjmedlin Posts: 1 New member
    If I had to pick one, I'd choose the "SQL Notebooks in Azure Data Studio for the DBA" session because it might have the most immediate impact for me.  I've been slowly kinda-sorta switching over to ADS from SSMS, but I think this may push me over to using ADS fulltime.
    Other great sessions I was able to attend:
    • Use Git for database code
    • Database DevOps with Containers
    • Convince the DBA to support DevOps
    • The panel discussions
    Thanks for putting Redgate Streamed together!
  • Options
    netsec4u said:
    There were several sessions I enjoyed.  Unfortunately, some sessions I wanted to see I could not due to conflicts.  One session that I was not interested in was Grant's session on DevOps, but found it good.

Thanks for your feedback. Here's the link to the sessions from day one and day two on-demand and you'll be able to catch up with any other sessions from today using the link you used to watch Grant's session. 
    Marketing Manager - Communities
    Redgate
  • Options
    Loving Kathi's talk - I had no idea about the changes in compatibility and their effect on queries - awesome to see
    :-)zz[
  • Options
    ASchickedanzASchickedanz Posts: 1 New member
    I enjoyed Grant's session today: Convince the DBA to support DevOps
  • Options
    thedouglanethedouglane Posts: 1 New member
    It's a small detail, but I love Andy's SSMS tip about including the query text in the results. I've had to reproduce results in the past (in an audit environment) and had no idea exactly how I got them because I didn't save the query. I also liked the results on a separate tab tip -- I hadn't thought of that being handy for presentations.
  • Options
    MarkJoMarkJo Posts: 1 New member
    I've been so heads down with development and managing servers for a long time.  The last 3 days has been great learning some new things.  Thanks for putting this together.  Andy had some great shortcut tips I'll be using from now on. We are moving into more Dev Ops so Grant's sessions were very helpful.
  • Options
    LeighfcLeighfc Posts: 3 New member
    Another informative day, thanks everyone, looking forward to the Index tuning session with Kendra now.
  • Options
    manujbmanujb Posts: 1 New member
    Andy Mallon's shortcuts for sure ... very valuable
  • Options
    Loved Grant's session on XE; 10 out of 10 for enthusiasm if nothing else.  I've been dipping my toes into XE, but definitely going to dive in headfirst now.
  • Options
    MurdockMurdock Posts: 1 New member
    I loved the Shortcuts from an impatient DBA by Andy.  I was doing Oracle DBA work before doing SQL Server so getting these shortcuts is very helpful.  
  • Options
    dbplatz said:
    Grant Fritchey 's session should be watched by everyone thinking about DevOps.
    Very kind words indeed. Thank you!
  • Options
    Loved Grant's session on XE; 10 out of 10 for enthusiasm if nothing else.  I've been dipping my toes into XE, but definitely going to dive in headfirst now.
    Yay! If you have questions, you know where the find me.
  • Options
    StridergdmStridergdm Posts: 1 New member
    Shortcuts from an impatient DBA I've wanted to create a similar talk, but now I know when I'm outclassed.
    Great job Andy!
  • Options
    xianvexianve Posts: 1 New member
    Awesome sessions!
    Favorite was: Use Git for database code - Kendra Little
  • Options
    mhsmithmhsmith Posts: 1 New member
    All sessions where great with useful info.
    But Andy Mallon had some cool tricks that everyone should be able to use regardless of role / skills
  • Options
    DVenkatesanDVenkatesan Posts: 2 New member
    I enjoyed the data masking session by Chris.  Great content and good discussion.  It was awesome that he answered my questions immediately.  Thank you Chris.

I also enjoyed the Git session by Kentra.  So much content, I have to watch it 3 times to completely absorb it.  Great session Kendra and thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us.  
  • Options
    bpie123bpie123 Posts: 2 Bronze 1
    Grant Fritchey's session on Database DevOps was awesome dispel many myths.   Thanks for all the sessions. 
  • Options
    JoeWhiteJoeWhite Posts: 1 New member
    Today I really enjoyed SQL Notebooks w/ Rob Sewell as well as the post-talk discussion. This is my first conference and really enjoying the round table discussions!
  • Options
    Matthew_MMatthew_M Posts: 1 New member
    I've found many of the sessions to be very helpful.

The sessions that I've enjoyed the most are:
    • Use Git for database code - Kendra Little
    • DevOps with Containers - Rob Richardon
    • SQL Injection - Grant Fritchey
    • Introduction to Intelligent Query Processing - Kathi Kellenberger
    • Index Tuning in an Agile World - Kendra Little
    Thanks for providing your time and resources for putting this together. :)

• Options
    cory.blythecory.blythe Posts: 4 Bronze 2

Learn to effectively use Extended Events 
    Was great, I am still dragging my feet getting into Extended Events and 2 hours after this session I actually used them to look at an issue in our environment.
  • Options
    shawnodenshawnoden Posts: 1 New member
    All of these sessions have been very good. It's hard to pick a favorite. I've enjoyed the panels. But for the regular sessions, I think my favorites have been Kendra's Git presentation from Day 1, Grant's SQL Injection preso from Day 2, and Rob's Day 3 preso on ADS Notebooks. Plus, all of the hats and outfits have been fantastic!
  • Options
    Jared_JJared_J Posts: 1 New member
    Thank you Red Gate and thank you to all the speakers!
  • Options
    I greatly enjoyed all the sessions today. Really great topics. Thank you guys for hosting this event and providing us your time and knowledge.
  • Options
    PatPPatP Posts: 1 New member
    I liked nearly all of the presentations, but Rob Sewell's on Azure Data Notebooks was my favorite this time because I'm starting to work with Azure Data Notebooks now.