Options

SQL Prompt Core doesn't work in Visual Studio 2017

JovannyJovanny Posts: 3 New member
edited November 13, 2017 1:34PM in SQL Prompt
Hello everyone

SQL Prompt Core doesn't work in my Visual Studio 2017.4p223xapnbnx.png

When I type any SQL statements I haven't got any hints.
How can I fix this issue?

Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2017
Version 15.4.2

Redgate SQL Prompt 8.2.5.2924
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    mkanemkane Posts: 1 New member
    I had this, too. Revert to the previous version of SQL Prompt. For some reason, the previous version works and the latest one doesn't.
  • Options
    Hi @mkane / @Jovanny ,

I think this issue may be related to this thread.
    https://forum.red-gate.com/discussion/82047/sql-prompt-core-suggestions-for-ssdt-projects#latest

What version of SQL Prompt are you using? Is it SQL Prompt Core or SQL Prompt Pro?

You can find the version in the menu SQL Prompt -> Help -> About SQL Prompt

We changed behaviour in the latest release so that we do not override SSDT autocomplete if you have a SSDT Database Project in your solution.

Best wishes,

Michael
    Michael Clark
    Technical Lead, SQL Monitor
  • Options
    Hi Michael

The SQL Prompt version is 8.2.5.2924 Core.
    It doesn't work, ifa type of an opened project is SQL Server Database Project.
    In this case only the inner intellisense works, even for scripts connected to an SQL Server database.

If an opened project type is another, SQL Prompt works well.

Best regards.

• Options
    Hi @Jovanny,

We disable SQL Prompt for SSDT because we do not yet support offline suggestions from SQL files in Visual Studio/SSDT Projects which was causing users to lose capabilities provided by the Native Intellisense. There's not currently a workaround except using SQL Prompt Pro, but we would like to understand a bit more about how you are trying to use SQL Prompt Core.

Would it be possible to ask a little about how you are using SQL Prompt with the SSDT project? Are you using a connected query window while in a database project for instance? What do you prefer about SQL Prompt's autocomplete?

Best,
    Michael
    Michael Clark
    Technical Lead, SQL Monitor
  • Options
    Hi Michael

I just tried to use SQL Prompt Core in my SSDT Projects connecting an opened scripts to a target database. It was unsuccessful to make SQL Prompt works in such way.

Best regards.