2»

Answers

• Options
    Thank you!
    Stephanie M. Herr    :-)
    Product Manager Database DevOps
  • Options
    gregfiggregfig Posts: 27 Bronze 2
    Thanks Stephanie, have had it back for a few days now.  I still think this was a dastardly plot to make us try the SSMS version! :)
  • Options
    stevebsteveb Posts: 14 Bronze 1
    Sadly the install fails for me as I have to use an admin account with no internet access. The installer fails trying to download the package 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.DbgHelp.Win8'.  :/

Any workaround?

Steve

Install Error : System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.PackageFailureException: Package 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.DbgHelp.Win8' failed to download;Package 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.Remote.DbgHelp.Win8' failed to download
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.InstallOperation.Run(CancellationToken token)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.RunOperation(InstallOperation installOperation, CancellationToken token, ExecuteAction action, ITelemetryOperation telemetryOperation)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.RunCoreOperation(InstallOperation coreOperation, ExecuteAction action, ITelemetryOperation telemetryOperation, CancellationToken token)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.Install(Product product, String destination, CancellationToken token)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExtensionManager.SetupEngineService.<Install>b__14_0()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExtensionManager.SetupEngineService.Install()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExtensionManager.ExtensionEngineImpl.PerformSetupEngineInstall(InstallableExtensionImpl extension, Boolean installPerMachine, Boolean isPackComponent, IDictionary`2 extensionsInstalledSoFar, List`1 extensionsUninstalledSoFar, IInstalledExtensionList modifiedInstalledExtensionsList, IProgress`1 progress, InstallFlags installFlags, AsyncOperation asyncOp, Version targetedVsVersion, IInstalledExtension& newExtension)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExtensionManager.ExtensionEngineImpl.InstallInternal(InstallableExtensionImpl extension, InstallFlags installFlags, IDictionary`2 extensionsInstalledSoFar, List`1 extensionsUninstalledSoFar, IInstalledExtensionList modifiedInstalledExtensionsList, AsyncOperation asyncOp, IProgress`1 progress, Version targetedVsVersion)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExtensionManager.ExtensionEngineImpl.BeginInstall(IInstallableExtension installableExtension, InstallFlags installFlags, AsyncOperation asyncOp, Version targetedVsVersion)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExtensionManager.ExtensionEngineImpl.InstallWorker(IInstallableExtension extension, InstallFlags installFlags, AsyncOperation asyncOp)
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.PackageFailureException: Package 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.DbgHelp.Win8' failed to download;Package 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.Remote.DbgHelp.Win8' failed to download
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.InstallOperation.Run(CancellationToken token)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.RunOperation(InstallOperation installOperation, CancellationToken token, ExecuteAction action, ITelemetryOperation telemetryOperation)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.RunCoreOperation(InstallOperation coreOperation, ExecuteAction action, ITelemetryOperation telemetryOperation, CancellationToken token)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.Install(Product product, String destination, CancellationToken token)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExtensionManager.SetupEngineService.<Install>b__14_0()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---
  • Options
    stevebsteveb Posts: 14 Bronze 1
    edited March 23, 2022 8:23AM
    OK - worse than I thought. Now my installation of SCA in VS2019 (which I was retaining just for using SCA) has gone and trying to install the latest for 2019 fails with the same problem as for VS2022. Looks like a general change to the installer. Now unable to use SCA at all.  :(
  • Options
    The latest VS2022 version of SCA keeps getting an error trying to connect to the database, is there a stable release coming?