Options

Support for .NET 5 / .NET Standard

The assemblies in SQL Change Automation package target .NETFramework version 4.7.2. Are you planning to target .NET 5, or perhaps .NET Standard? Is there an SDK targeting .NET Standard?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi,

We don't have plans to change this on our roadmap at this time. 

Do you have a specific use case which is causing you to ask this question / is there a particular scenario that this would enable you to implement? Understanding that need is always useful to us in our planning.

Thanks,
    Kendra

• Options
    pbsalundpbsalund Posts: 2 New member
    I know I'm a bit late to the party on this one but I think it's a valid question to ask why SCA uses a .NET version that's few years out of date. So many apps are now being written in .NET Core or .NET 5+ due to it's cross compatibility that it's just a bit of a surprise to see SCA using .NET Framework and no plan to move to the latest and greatest.

Is any move away from .NET Framework reliant on .sqlproj being compatible with .NET Core and above? If that's the case then no complaints from me. It's just good to know the reasons.
  • Options
    ducmanducman Posts: 26 Bronze 2
    I'm wondering if it is because they're moving to a different tool that will eventually take over sca?!?!
  • Options
    ducmanducman Posts: 26 Bronze 2
    I'm wondering if it is because they're moving to a different tool that will eventually take over sca?!?!