How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

SQL Monitor 7 released

2»

Comments

• Options
    bauerjubauerju Posts: 33 Bronze 3
    Hi joshcrang
    Where can I get it? In official Download is only 7.1.15 available.
    Jürgen
  • Options
    Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    It's available from the drop down Check for Updates banner which appears once a day (unless dismissed). If you've dismissed it the cookie clears after a week.

In the meantime though here directly: http://download.red-gate.com//checkforupdates/SQLMonitorWeb/SQLMonitorWeb_7.1.19.11592.exe.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    Hi Russell D
    May bee I'm blind, but I didn't see this banner before. I'm running on 7.1.17 and I started with a fresh Chrome with cleared all cache and cookies. (Edge shows me the same.)

The only banner I can see are at
    Alerts Page:
    "Grouped Alert Inbox - We've been working on ..." and "You haven't set any maintenance windows yet...."
    Analysis
    "We now support virtual machines...."

Going to "Configuration" -> "About" even shows no banner.

The server, on which SQL-Monitor runs, is not allowed to go to the Internet.
    My PC, from where I connect to SQL-Monitor, is allowed.

Jürgen
  • Options
    Oh right, you wont see the banner then if the internet is blocked.
  • Options
    Hi Russel D
    Ok. This means the "Webserver" connects to the Internet in order to test if it is actual?
    I think this is no good practice:

If I have a server which connects and controls productiv SQL-Servers, then I don't want this server to be able to connect to the internet. That's like switching my firewalls off...

Why don't you make an AJAX-JSON oder JSONP-Request from then browser?
    To prevent this check at every login or any other website action, you could save the time of the last check and the result in your in a table. And 24 hours later you could do the check again.

Or may bee make it easier to find the actual download...

Jürgen
  • Options
    I agree it could be better, I doubt we're likely to make any changes to it though as it's not a priority.

We could probably add links to the patches in the forum posts though.
  • Options
    joshcrangjoshcrang Posts: 21 Bronze 2
    edited March 14, 2018 3:00PM
    SQL Monitor 7.1.20 has been released and contains the following improvements:
    • Various improvements to the reliability and configuration experience of multiple base monitors
    • Various improvements to the alert inbox
    • Query plans load correctly in cases SQL Monitor is not installed as the root website
    • Editing SQL Server credentials at the machine or cluster level correctly shows current settings. Clarified behavior of setting SQL Server credentials at the machine or cluster level
    Edit: here's the direct download link: http://download.red-gate.com//checkforupdates/SQLMonitorWeb/SQLMonitorWeb_7.1.20.11693.exe
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Hi joshcrang
    Where can I get it? In official Download is only 7.1.15 available.
    And the server, on which SQL-Monitor runs, is not allowed to go to the Internet. 
    So there is no  Check for Updates banner to click ...

Jürgen
  • Options
    NigeJonesNigeJones Posts: 6 New member
    edited March 14, 2018 3:55PM
    Should I be concerned that the download page within the app sends me to a page without the update on? Has it been removed, or is it just a bad webpage. I can see there is a direct download above, but slightly concerned the update has been pulled.

Edit - the link in the app is pointing to 7.1.19, whereas above I can see 7.1.20 is available. I guess red-gate.com is in the middle of moving from 19 to 20. #patience

https://www.red-gate.com/updatecontrols/details?etc=1128537867&guid=aeff291c-5ca4-4bdc-8484-2a78bc4d214f&update=2132

• Options
    SQL Monitor 8.0.2 has been released.

Features

• Grouped inbox for alerts

• Support for Multiple Base Monitors
    • Support of Azure SQL DB (beta)
    • Blocking processes displayed as a tree
    • Query history displayed on the server overview page
    • A database file usage alert
    • Use Extended events to track deadlocks
    • Deployment integration with ReadyRoll and DLM Automation
    • Option to import multiple servers at once

• Options
    joshcrangjoshcrang Posts: 21 Bronze 2
    edited April 9, 2018 9:50AM
    SQL Monitor 8.0.3 has been released. Direct download link.

Features
    • Added a .xdl download for deadlocks when using extended events
    • Added wait time and wait resource when viewing a blocking session tree
    • Improved behavior of links throughout the application to allow use of browser features such as open in a new tab, or copy link address
    Fixes
    • Improved memory consumption of the server overview page when run for extended periods of time with auto-refresh enabled
    • Auto-refresh on the server overview correctly persists page reloads
    • Server overview page correctly respects the time period when provided as a URL parameter
    • Fixed an issue where database file usage alerts may not be raised or be configurable
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options

Features

• Improved behavior of links throughout the application to allow use of browser features such as open in a new tab, or copy link address

Fixes

• Improved memory consumption of the server overview page when run for extended periods of time with auto-refresh enabled
    • Server overview page correctly respects the time period when provided as a URL parameter
    • Fixed an issue where database file usage alerts may not be raised or be configurable

Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options

Features

Fixes

Software Engineer
    Redgate Software