MultiScript 1.3 Wishlist
Currently running 1.2.8
I work in a mutli-tenant database environment and it is essential to my daily job.
I use Multiscript every day for both select queries to find data and also to execute DDL and DML scripts with transactions.
1) While executing script the stop/esc button is either missing or grayed out and there is no way to stop a script (I see this is a known bug due to failing scripts timing out)
2) When displaying servers in the Executed Against box, it displays them in the order they are completed with a green check or red x and it is not easy to tell which ones are still processing because they are missing from the list. I usually run against 10-20 databases. It would be better to just display all database at once and add a processing icon to those that are in IP instead of making me figure out which ones are missing and still running.
3) Display the row count in the results pane. I cannot believe this is still missing as 99% of the time we all greatly care about the row count and its the first thing we look at. Dont make me cut and paste the results into a spreadsheet to get a rowcount.
4) When clicking on script checkbox dont switch context to that script, I am often trying to uncheck others scripts I dont want to run and switching the context just creates an extra click back to the script I was on to begin with. Its okay to switch context when i click the script but not the checkbox.
5) We still have to pay extra for this tool, so I am disappointed in the past neglect. I have been a long-time fan of many Red-Gate tools and still love using Multiscript, but frustrated. It's not included with the Toolbelt essentials which it should be, but I am paying for it so hope you continue the development support.
I hope these suggestions can make it into future releases very soon. Please feel free to contact me if needed.