Options

Generating SQL Data Script On ASPNET_* Tables When Not Asked

David HaydenDavid Hayden Posts: 5
edited May 18, 2006 12:30PM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
I had a weird problem with version 5.1 that I downloaded today.

SqlPackager kept generating a copy data script for a few of the aspnet_* tables even though I didn't include the tables to be copied and there were no dependencies on them.

Because I kept getting an error in the script when it tried to drop a constraint on an unwanted aspnet_* table in the data script, I decided to not copy any data at all and only the schemas. SqlPackager 5.1 still created an Sql Data Script for a few of the aspnet_* tables.

Finally, I just had to let the SqlPackager Sql Data script error out on the drop constraint of the aspnet_* table and use Sql Data Compare to copy the missing data.

Weird stuff...

Regards,

Dave

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Dave,

Just out of curiosity, is this a database upgrade package, and if so, do these ASPNET_ tables exist in both databases, or just in the source database?

The reason I ask is that older versions of Packager did not script the data when a table was missing from the second database in an upgrade package, just the schema. The data had to be done as part of a second package.

So I wonder if the new bit of logic to copy data into newly-added tables is flawed because it's trying to copy the data regardless of whether or not you had actually chosen the table.
  • Options
    Brian,

I was upgrading an existing database and the tables did exist in both databases.

However, the aspnet_* tables at the source database did have data, but the aspnet_* tables at the destination database were empty.

Regards,

Dave
  • Options
    Hi David,

thanks for your post. We can't work out what's going on. Could you send us copies of your databases? If so, could you please send backups to support@red-gate.com? That would be much appreciated.

Tilman