Restore Wizard - Step 2 of 4 - Files/Restore As issues
Desired behavior: Have the "Resore As" path default to the SQL server instance configured "default location" for data and log files rather than the horrible MS-SQL default location.
The "Restore As" path is not right on "Step 2 of 4" in the Restore Wizard. (See screenshot )
The dialog always uses the horrid MS-SQL default location:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA
but I have configured SQL to use different default locations.
Server Properties -> Database Settings
Database default locations
Data: [D:\SqlData ]
Log: [E:\SqlLogs ]
SQL Backup defaults to the crappy MS-SQL default location even though
1) My Server Properties specify the default location to be \SqlData and E:\SqlLogs
2) The Database being restored is currently in \SqlData and E:\SqlLogs
3) The backup was backed up from \SqlData and E:\SqlLogs
1) Click the elipses button and wait (an eternal 5-10 seconds) for the "Folder Browser" window to finish loading.
2) Click to collapse the 5-level deep MS-SQL default location (or scroll, scroll, scroll to get down to the \ drive)
3) Click to expand \ drive
4) Click my "SqlData" folder
5) Click OK