Performance Profiling in Silverlight?

I know that the perf profiler doesn't currently support Silverlight.

Do you plan to support Silverlight in version 6.0?

Pretty please?

:)

Comments

• Hi Brian,

Many thanks for your forum post.

We do currently have this as a feature request in our systems, and I will add your request to this too.

For reference, the tracking number for this request is PP-710.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • I would also like Silverlight and WPF support. I had to let my subscription expire because we can't use Performance/Memory Profiler anymore.

Regards,

Dan
    Dan R.
  • Can we please get a more definite yes/no on whether the support for profiling SL 4 apps will be added in vNext? We need to consider alternative routes if it won't be available.

Thanks
  • It should be in the next version and possibly in one of our Early Access builds for vNext as long as no major issues arise.

All being well, I'll post back here with a link when there's an early build available.
  • Any rough idea on a timeline for the next EAP with SL support? Next month? 3 months? We need to decide whether we are going to fork out money for an alternative solution (EQATEC Profiler) based on our release schedule or whether we can use our existing ANTS licenses.

Thanks
  • The developer will probably kill me for putting him under pressure but I'd think around 4 - 6 weeks as long as nothing unexpected arises. As soon as it's in I'll put a build up and let you know so you can begin testing it for us. :)
  • Silverlight 4 profiling is now available in the latest early access build of the upcoming ANTS Performance Profiler 6.

The EAP forum is here:
    http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/vi ... .php?f=110

Simply get the latest build from the announcement post.

Regards,

Stephen