NETWORK SERVICE is not a valid account for access

dgroutdgrout Posts: 3
edited July 27, 2009 11:17AM in Exchange Server Archiver
Hiya

I have setup the system and it seems to be working.... however i frequently get this message appear in the alerts section of the admin console..... try as i might i cant figure out what service is using the network service? i created a new user and all the services appear to running using it (i checked to make sure the appropriate security in exchange for that account is correct)

I ran the archiver against an account with 1.2gb of mail and asked it to archive mail older than 12 months... it only seemed to archive about 50MB which is surprising low... makes me wonder if it able to archive the attachments correctly?

Any help would be appreciated.

The 2 messages i get are:

Get Headers
RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.Shared.RemotingSecurityException: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE is not a valid account for access.

Server stack trace:
at RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.Shared.RemotingSecurity.EnsureAccessByAllowedAccount()
at RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.ArchiveService.Engine.ArchiveService.CheckUserPermissionOnMailbox(Guid mailboxGuid, String netbiosUsername)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.ArchiveService.Interface.IArchiveService.CheckUserPermissionOnMailbox(Guid mailboxGuid, String netbiosUsername)
at RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.UserArchiveAccessService.Engine.Engine.UAAEngine.a(String , Guid )
at RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.UserArchiveAccessService.Engine.Engine.UAAEngine.GetMailData(String user, MailboxNameOrGuid mailboxNameOrGuid, String adminGroup, Guid storeGuid, Guid messageGuid)
at RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.UserArchiveAccessService.ArchiveSite.PluginDataFetch.GetMessageHeaders(Guid mailboxGuid, Guid storeGuid, Guid messageGuid)

AND

EnsureAccessByAllowedAccount
RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.Shared.RemotingSecurityException: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM is not a valid account for access.

Comments

• Hi,

This is a known issue - it's a slight race condition when you leave the Admin Console open at the same time as messages are being indexed.

It's currently set to be fixed in the next release, but shouldn't actually cause you any problems apart from the slightly strange error messages.

Many thanks,
    Robert
    Robert Chipperfield
    Red Gate