SQB Service did not install

terrihawkinsterrihawkins Posts: 17
edited July 27, 2009 9:23AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Due to a series of mistakes I made upgrading from SQL Backup version 5.1 to 5.4, I no longer have an SQB Service. I have uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled the product, but still cannot connect to the database because it cannot connect to the SQB Service (which I don't see in my services list). Help is appreciated either removing all components (which perhaps add/remove programs did not do thoroughly) or getting the service installed.

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

On the SQL Server, to remove or uninstall the SQL Backup Server components, from the Control Panel ->Select Add / Remove Programs.

Locate the entry for SQL Backup 5 (server components) or for a named instance SQL Backup 5-<Instance Name> (server components). Click the Change/Remove button and remove the server components installed.

Please note if you have the SQL Backup GUI installed on the same machine, you will have two entries in 'Add / Remove Programs'.

SQL Backup 5 This will for the SQL Backup GUI
    SQL Backup 5 (server components) This will be for the SQL Backup Server Components. It is the SQL Backup Server Components that installs and creates the SQL Backup Agent Service.

Once you have removed the SQL Backup Server Components, manually delete any left behind Server Components installation folder from:

C:\ Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Backup\(local) for a default instance
    or
    C:\ Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Backup\<Instance Name> for a named instance

Delete just the (local) or <Instance Name> folder if you have the SQL Backup GUI installed on the same machine.

On a machine with the SQL Backup GUI installed, locate a file called SQBServerSetup.exe from the C:\ Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Backup directory. Copy the file to the SQL Server and run the executable. If the GUI is already installed on the SQL Server, simply run the SQBServerSetup.exe file. Follow the on screen instructions. This action will reinstall the SQL Backup Server Components and recreate the SQL Backup Agent service.

I hope the above information helps.
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com