Error running rule

rhibbsrhibbs Posts: 5
edited June 11, 2009 4:40PM in Exchange Server Archiver
I believe I have followed the directions and when I run the install wizard everything checks out OK. However I receive this error message when running a new simple rule.

Archive Service
COMException logging on to Exchange Server: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004010F): Error in IMsgServiceAdmin::CreateMsgService: MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND
at Redemption.IRDOSession.LogonExchangeMailbox(String User, String ServerName)
at x.<>c__DisplayClass2.<GetMasterSession>b__0()

The maintenance window shows everythng is connected and running.

Thanks,

Reed

Comments

• Hi Reed,

This looks like an issue with the MAPI standalone installer requiring a reboot. Can you try giving the machine(s) with the Exchange Server Archiver Services a reboot and see if the message persists?

Thanks,
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry
  • Well A reboot was not the solution. i am still having the same issue. i also completely removed the app and reinstalled as well. i also removed the MAPI package and reinstalled as well. Do you have any other ideas for things to check? I receive the exact same message

Archive Service
    COMException logging on to Exchange Server: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004010F): Error in IMsgServiceAdmin::CreateMsgService: MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND
    at Redemption.IRDOSession.LogonExchangeMailbox(String User, String ServerName)
    at x.<>c__DisplayClass2.<GetMasterSession>b__0()
  • Is there a way to test the MAPI functionality? I installed the ExchangeMapiCDO.msi package from MS dated 11/24/08. Is this the correct one or perhaps there is an alternative to try?

Reed
  • Hi Reed,

Sorry to hear that didn't solve the problem. Is the Exchange Server 2003 or 2007? If 2007 do you have a public folder database?

If it is Exchange Server 2007 and there is no public folder database that could be the problem. A public folder database or Outlook 2007 installed onto the Archive Service/UAA Service machine is required when using Exchange 2007.

The date on your ExchangeMapiCDO.msi matches mine so that looks good.
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry
  • Well just in case I thought I would try a different connector so I installed Outlook 2003 on the Server with the archiver software and now it functions correctly.