Options

Add static text to synchronization

brian.merzbrian.merz Posts: 55
edited June 3, 2009 3:21PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Is there a way to add text from a file to the generated synchronization query?

For tracking purposes, in each of my non-development databases I have a table containing one row with the date of the last synchronization. It would be nice to have a text file with the update command which can be appended to the end of the generated query so I do not have to copy/paste to the end of each query.

Thanks!
--Brian

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to add your own custom SQL to the generated script.

You might be able to set something up like a batch file to automatically search through the generated .sql file and add the extra line of SQL to the end of the script.
    Chris
  • Options
    Would it be possible to add this as a feature request for version 9?

Being able to say include extra sql from a given file in the Synchronization Wizard would be be extremely helpful. Especially if the file path for the extra sql could then be saved in the project.

Thanks,
    --Brian
  • Options
    We are seriously considering something along these lines, so I would say it is a very strong candidate for an upcoming release. Would you need this post-deployment script to be inserted before the end of the transaction or after the end?

If anyone else has similar requirements, please feel free to post their requirements here.

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    For the way I would use the extra SQL (updating that date field), inside the transaction would be preferable.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,
    --Brian