How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Redgate loses Wait / Query data when RDS deadlock occurs

I recently enabled deadlock traces for my monitored RDS instances, and I noticed at the exact minute a deadlock would be recorded in the error logs was the exact minute when Redgate would lose the ability to gather Waits / Top Queries / Top Waits metrics. After restarting the Base Monitor, the Web Server, and retrying the connection to the RDS instance, this information would begin to be collected again. Is there a reason this is occurring? Deadlocks aren't being reported inside Redgate, only inside AWS. There are two traces that you can enable in AWS parameter groups for deadlocks, and both are enabled. 
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi Weston,

The developers are putting in some further logging that should be available in the next release (v12.1.25) which will hopefully help us identify the problem part of the sampler that is impacting this. You should get an update as part of the internal ticket you have logged for this issue when this is available.

Upon resolution we'll update this forum post for anyone else that might be experiencing similar behaviour.

Kind regards

Tom Claringbold | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,132 Diamond 4
    Hi @Weston_S,

Apologies for the delay in updating here in the forum the support ticket you had opened with us closed through our workflow.

For you and anyone else coming across this, this issue should be resolved from version 12.1.28 (there were changes in a few versions related to this, with that being the last one).

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?