How can i set delete off for multiple tables?

davidfdavidf Posts: 8 New member
i have many tables to populate, but the system defaults to delete old data.   how can i untick the delete before generation option for multiple tables?
Tagged:

Answers

• davidfdavidf Posts: 8 New member
    also, how can i set a value for a particular column in every table, without having to going into each table.  for example, every table has a column called entity status and its value must be between 0 and 4, randomly.  how can i universally set the conditions for this column in each of my many tables?
  • To untick the table deletions, just uncheck the red checkboxes in the comparison results screen. If you're using the "group by type of difference" this should be straightforward.You can either right click and include or exclude the whole "group", or select/multi-select checkboxes individually.

For your second question, are you asking about how to populate existing tables where you are adding a new column? If so, the easiest way is to define a DEFAULT of the source column, setting the target value to what you need. After you've applied the change you can then remove the DEFAULT if it's no longer required.
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • davidfdavidf Posts: 8 New member
    hi David, thanks for your really quick response!   i am referring to sql data generator, where is there a comparison results screen there?.  for my second question, no, the columns already exist in every table
  • Ah, I see... could you please repost your question in the SQL Data Generator forum? (this is for SQL Comprae)
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software