SqlBackupC never finishes

rick.sheeleyrick.sheeley Posts: 32
edited April 6, 2009 7:12AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hey guys,

So I'm using the SqlBackupC cmd line tool for the first time to create a backup/restore file for our test server.

I'll be trying again this weekend, but the first two tests have failed miserably.The first restore never finishes and I ended re-booting the test server and using the GUI to do the restores. Any ideas?

Here's the contents of the batch file:

@echo on

del B:\Restore\*.* /s /q

c:\Robocopy\ROBOCOPY.EXE /JOB:c:\Robocopy\CPOPM2_RESTORE1.RCJ
c:\Robocopy\ROBOCOPY.EXE /JOB:c:\Robocopy\CPOPM2_RESTORE2.RCJ
c:\Robocopy\ROBOCOPY.EXE /JOB:c:\Robocopy\CPOPM2_RESTORE3.RCJ

ren B:\Restore\CentricityPM\*.sqb FULL_CentricityPM.sqb
ren B:\Restore\CPM_Production\*.sqb FULL_CPM_Production.sqb
ren B:\Restore\CPM_Reports\*.sqb FULL_CPM_Reports.sqb

SQL Backup command line interface can only work on local servers.

CD "C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Backup\(LOCAL)"

SqlBackupC -SQL "RESTORE DATABASE [CentricityPM] FROM DISK = 'B:\Restore\CentricityPM\FULL_CentricityPM.sqb' WITH RECOVERY, MOVE 'CentricityPM_DB' TO 'D:\MSSQL\Data\CentricityPM.mdf', MOVE 'PatientVisit_Table' TO 'D:\MSSQL\Data\CentricityPM_1.NDF', MOVE 'PatientVisit_Text' TO 'D:\MSSQL\Data\CentricityPM_2.NDF', MOVE 'PatientVisit_Indexes' TO 'D:\MSSQL\Data\CentricityPM_3.NDF', MOVE 'CentricityPM_Log' TO 'E:\MSSQL\Data\CentricityPM.ldf', REPLACE" -E

SqlBackupC -SQL "RESTORE DATABASE [CPM_Production] FROM DISK = 'B:\Restore\CPM_Production\FULL_CPM_Production.sqb' WITH RECOVERY, MOVE 'CPM_Production_Data' TO 'D:\MSSQL\Data\CPM_Production.MDF', REPLACE" -E

SqlBackupC -SQL "RESTORE DATABASE [CPM_Reports] FROM DISK = 'B:\Restore\CPM_Reports\FULL_CPM_Reports.sqb' WITH RECOVERY, MOVE 'CPM_Reports_Data' TO 'D:\MSSQL\Data\CPM_Reports.MDF', REPLACE" -E

exit

Rick in Phoenix
Eric (Rick) Sheeley, Sr. SQL/Oracle DBA
Sacramento, CA Cell: 602.540.6750
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Comments

• Hi Rick,

I apologise you are encountering issues with the SQL Backup command line.

What version of SQL Backup are you currently running?

Do you have the output of the batch file logged anywhere?

If you could check for SQL Backup log files around the time that this batch file ran that would be great, they can be found here by default :

%allusersprofile%\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\<instance name>

Thanks,
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry