Seeing Multiply Lines in the log of a completed job

ChrisAVWoodChrisAVWood Posts: 361
edited June 11, 2009 11:28AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
On one of my SQL2005 SP2 servers running SQLBackup 5.4 I see 3 lines when I right click properties on a completed job in the GUI under the Activity History tab.

At one time there was more than 1 server registered in SQLBackup in the GUI on this server.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

Chris
English DBA living in CANADA

Comments

• Hi Chris,

Would it be possible to send a screen shot to my email id priya.sinha@red-gate.com please?

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • meklemblmeklembl Posts: 107 Bronze 2
    What ever was the cause of this?
    Larry M
    Cleveland, OH USA
  • I was told it was a cache problem that should be fixed in version 6.

Chris
    I continue to see backups and restores from 2008 in my Activity History frame. I have my delete option set to 60 days and when I run the query below on the affected server I do not see any dates from 2008. Which means that the data from the Activity History window does not refresh from the database, even when you hit refresh.

So this brings two things to the table. First, I would like the Refresh to do a refresh of the Activity History window. Second, I would like the Date column to at least, optionally, show the year.
    Larry M
    Cleveland, OH USA
    I forgot to include the query in the prior message.

master..sqbdata
    'SELECT *
    FROM backuphistory
    WHERE id > 0
    AND backup_start > ''1901-01-01 00:00:00''
    ORDER BY backup_type, backup_start '
    Larry M
    Cleveland, OH USA
  • Larry,

You are looking in msdb with your query. Outside of SQL Backup are you trimming the entries in msdb using SQL Server Agent properties/History? If you aren' then this may explain why your query in msdb is returning entries.

Chris