How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Global Dashboard Showing Old Alerts

My global dashboard is showing a critical status for servers that had a monitoring error several weeks ago. The error was resolved and cleared but the servers are still red.  I have tried restarting the services, IIS and rebooting, but nothing has helped to reset the status. Any ideas?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi @MichaelF

What version of SQL Monitor are you currently using?  And this is the Red status saying just "Monitoring error" that doesn't let you clear alerts right?

Also, to confirm, when you go to Configuration > Monitored servers you see everything show as Connected with a green tick?

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

Answers

• MichaelFMichaelF Posts: 4 New member
    Hi Alex,

1. We are using version 10.0.7.27595
    2. It is showing a Red status saying just "Monitoring error", but I have been able to clear alerts.
    3. It is showing a green tick on all the servers, but we have 4 servers in a cluster and I hadn't seen that there is an issue related to the cluster name which I will look into.

Kind regards,

Michael
    Hi @MichaelF ,

That's likely going to be it, but do let me know if it's still showing after correcting that issue!

Kind regards,
    Alex

• MichaelFMichaelF Posts: 4 New member
    Hi Alex,

There was an issue with the windows cluster ip which has now been fixed and the servers are healthy again. Lesson: If SQL Monitor says there's an issue, there's an issue!! and check the Configuration\Monitored servers page.

Kind regards,

Michael
    Excellent, glad that did it!