Options

Network error while backing up?

JeffBrownJeffBrown Posts: 2
edited March 18, 2009 4:27PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I am trying to use SQL Backup to backup directly to our SAN (using '\\<ipaddress>\sharename\<file>'). We have had no issues with our SAN, but any backup I run to it will end and generate the following messages:

Warning 210: Error writing to backup file: ...
System error 64 (The specified network name is no longer available)

I keep trying changes to the job, but nothing can prevent it. It's a single file backup.

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum and sorry that you are getting this problem.

System Error 64 is from the server's Windows Operating System which appears to have lost connection to your SAN.

A support call has been created for you, the call reference is F0020524. Can you please provide a copy of the SQL Backup Log File for this failed backup? SQL Backup creates a text log file for each backup and restore task performed. By default you will find the SQL backup Log files in this folder:
    C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\SQL Instance Name or (local) for the default instance.

Once you have located the log file, can you please e-mail it to support@red-gate.com and include your call reference of F0020534 in the subject field.

Hopefully the log file will provide us with further information so we can help you resolve the problem.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com