Options

feature request

DanAvniDanAvni Posts: 72 Bronze 2
edited February 9, 2009 6:58AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
after i rename a column on a dev machine and i compare the structure to a production machine, sql compare generates a script to drop the old column and add a new column. my idea: add an option to sql compare to select 2 columns and say "these where the same column so you just need to rename"
Dan Avni

Comments

• Options
    This has already been requested by a number of customers and is logged in our tracking system. I have added your ticket number to the issue and this will be considered for a future release of SQL Compare although I cannot guarantee if/when this will be added.
  • Options
    DanAvni wrote:
    after i rename a column on a dev machine and i compare the structure to a production machine, sql compare generates a script to drop the old column and add a new column. my idea: add an option to sql compare to select 2 columns and say "these where the same column so you just need to rename"

SQL Refactor has a Smart Rename feature that generates a script to rename a column. If you run this prior to SQL Compare, it should hopefully solve your issue.

Thanks,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software