SQL Search Text Box to search on is grayed out while in Azure SQL Server

RobKRobK Posts: 4 New member
Have licensed version of SQL Search 3.2.3.2230 .. connected to a AZURE SQL Server database.  Using SSMS v17.9.  The search box where one would type in the text to search is grayed out.  I tried this using a local SQL Server Express DB and it worked just fine.  It appears to be an issue ONLY with Azure.  Please help (asap if not sooner).  Thank you. 

RobK
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi @RobK,

Please try uninstalling and then reinstalling version 3.2.3 of SQL Search (download here) as this has corrected it for me.

It was working for the developers and the other support engineers so I installed a new build only with extra logging added and it worked in that version.  Then upon installing the 3.2.3 version once more it now works there.

There must be some sort of caching going on somewhere as the error message I was getting was related to a windows authentication though I was using the SQL Server auth but we've not been able to see where or why that was the case.

If that doesn't work for you please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

Answers

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi @RobK,

Hmm I'm seeing this too, so it looks like a regression (should have been supported to connect and search Azure SQL since 2.2).

I've escalated this to the team and will update here when I have a reply back from them!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • RobKRobK Posts: 4 New member
    Alex .. my other team members have the same issue .. seems like regression issue indeed :)  PLEASE let me know when it's completed .. I have a psuedo script that does the same thing but the red gate sql search is a bit more robust :)

Thanks 
    Rob
    Thanks very much for this expedited update.  I will uninstall and reinstall later today and will let you know the results.
    Alex .. new version works perfect now in Azure.  Excellent work to you and your team.  Please pass on my thanks and appreciation for your efforts.