Options

known issues when comparing database vs scripts?

Hi, I have installed your trial version for evaluation purposes, and I have experienced a few issues.

1.    “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”: When comparing the database vs a local script folder, an error occurs if one of the selected tables has a BLOB column. Please refer to image attached. However, if the comparing takes place between two databases, no error occurs. 

2.    Table wrongly showing with difference in rows: When comparing the database vs a local script folder, rows containing a “decode” are listed as different because a double quote is added by the tool when interpreting the script (the script itself is well formed). Please refer to image attached. Note that as the issue explained above, if the comparing takes place between two databases, data is identical, as expected.

3.    I tried to explore the pre-filtering feature but my Json file seems to be inadequate. Could you please provide an example?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    David AtkinsonDavid Atkinson Posts: 1,439 Rose Gold 2
    edited December 19, 2018 8:55PM
    I can answer 3.

We are in the process of rebranding the "pre-filter" feature "ignore rules" as it's analogous to ignore functionality in VCS tools. Also, we don't want our users to confuse this with the existing filter functionality.

Examples of ignore rules can be found here. If you have an example of objects you'd like to include or exclude, please let us know and we might be able to help.
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi
    To answer Questions 1 and 2, I require further information from you.  For example, verbose log files and example DDL and DML for me to attempt a reproduction.  Therefore, a Support Ticket has been created for you.  I will send a private message with the ticket details and the information I am seeking.

Many Thanks
    Eddie  
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com