STRING_AGG not recognized and bracketed by SQL Prompt

rchaplerrchapler Posts: 2 New member
edited July 5, 2018 8:47PM in SQL Prompt
Is there a way to register this as a reserved word so that SQL Prompt will quit putting brackets around it?
Tagged:

Answers

• rsocolrsocol Posts: 5 Bronze 1
    This issue was fixed in SQL Prompt version 9.0.7.3692 (released in January 2018).
  • rchaplerrchapler Posts: 2 New member
    I'm using 9.2.1.5713 and I'm still seeing the problem.  Also, my question was whether there is a way to list items that should be bracketed (which would enable me to solve this problem by myself now and in the future).  It's also an issue with OPEN_JSON.
  • Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    edited July 18, 2018 9:58AM
    You can list items that should be bracketed via custom snippets:

as a workaround until we add them, or if there are things that you specifically want bracketed. 

Though this is a SQL 2016 function so should be working. I'll investigate.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • I cannot reproduce this problem with either STRING_AGG or OPENJSON on 9.2.1.5713.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    For all here,

It looks like the STRING_AGG was fixed, but only when not connecting to a SQL Azure database; it is still an issue when connected to those and I have reopened SP-6763 and also added OPENJSON to it (since I was able to see this in all cases).

I will update when I have more information from the team!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Hi All,

Just updating this after doing some cleaning up - this has been fixed for STRING_AGG and OPENJSON when connected to an Azure database as of release 9.2.6.6145.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • azbestonazbeston Posts: 1 New member
    It seems the issue come back in Visual Studio Version SQL Prompt version 10.8.2.23489. Management studio seems to be working as expected.