Email Alert Frequency - Feature Request

mikewhaleymikewhaley Posts: 12
edited February 22, 2010 5:20AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I am a one man shop and monitoring a number of servers. I find that the alerts can be very helpful in keeping me fighting fires when I need to. Unfortunately it stops sending the emails once it sends one. In order to keep the alerts coming I have to connect and clear the alerts to get more notifications.

That process takes me time. Could this be a setting?

Comments

• Seconded: please take a look at this request guys &/or gals, i'd love to know each and every time my cluster fails over etc., without having to get back into the office to clear the alerts.

I actually spent quite a while banging my head against the email configuration thinking I had done something wrong until I found related posts here in the forums.
  • Thanks for the feedback. Currently you'll have to clear the previous alert before you'll get an email notifying you of the next time the issue occurs. This was decided upon so that users aren't spammed if there is the same issue occurring frequently.

Obviously there are circumstances where it would be a lot better to have a more granular control over this frequency of emails. So I have raised this as a feature request and the developers will look into this when working on the next version. For your reference the feature request tracking code is: SSR-1377
  • Great news Ben, thanks.
  • I would also like this to be more configurable.
  • Hi,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

We are currently working on version 2 of SQL Response and improving email configuration is high priority feature for us too. For our benefit would you please tell us bit more about your requirement. Would allowing email for all alert occurence irrespective for whether it has been cleared or not would be enough or something more than that. This will really help us design this feature.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Hello All

I agree with mikewhaley, Scott and cehottle.
    I see this email configuration option like:
    - default : alerting once at first time the alert occurs, as we allready have in this version
    - second choise: alerting every time when the alert occurs.

And let us choose one of those options for each type of alert.
    Id you guys have another idea, please share.

Thanks.
    Mirela
  • Thanks Mirela for your post. This feature is very high on our priority list for V 2.0.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software