Team Foundation Server 2008 support

ritterritter Posts: 10
edited December 12, 2008 9:13PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
hi, My bosses are lovin TFS 2008 and are wondering (really i don't think it's that important) whether your SQL Changeset supports TFS 2008 for source control integration.

I am wondering also why you support TFS 2005 at first place!? TFS source control client isn't enough?
--Dejan

Comments

• The main advantage of Changeset is that it will automatically check out only the files which SQL Compare intends to change, just before SQL Compare intends to change them, rather than you needing to check out the entire directory when you want to synchronize to a script folder.

If you're using edit / merge / commit rather than check out / edit / check in, or you don't mind picking which files to check out by hand, or you don't intend to actually change the script folders with SQL Compare, you don't really need Changeset, no.

And it should work with TFS 2008 in the same way as it works with TFS 2005, yes :). (You'll need to make sure you have the right MSSCCI Provider installed from the Microsoft website, though.)
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • ritterritter Posts: 10
    edited December 12, 2008 8:58PM
    OK, Nice, so optimistic; I really didn't try working with SQL Changeset yet at all, but i have read the docu.. There stands that one need 'professional' SQL Compare for that. I am evaluating your software (still) and I don't know if evaluation version is 'standard' or 'professional'? Can I try connecting to TFS from evaluation version?
    --Dejan
  • Hi Dejan,

The evaluation version contains all the Pro functionality so you should be fine. The Pro features allow the selection of a Backup or Scripts Folder as a data source type, as well as access to the command line version. If you need a trial extension license, please contact sales@red-gate.com.

Let us know how you get on!

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • OK, thanks David, so you should append the list then. On your site currently you have only:
    1. Microsoft® Visual SourceSafe® versions 6.0d and 2005 and
    2. Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 Team Foundation Server SP1.
    --D