ReadyRoll core crashes in VS 2017 preview latest version

vRITHNERvRITHNER Posts: 3 New member
ReadyRoll core crashes in VS 2017 preview latest version each time I try to change the Connection String.
Steps:
Create a new project
Connect to a Database (it doesn't ask - it automatically connect to (localdb)\ProjectVxx)
click on "Change database connection"
after 30 seconds, VS crashes
Tagged:

Comments

• We've been unable to reproduce this issue :(

To help us investigate further, can we please get:
    • the version number of ReadyRoll and Visual Studio that you've got installed -- you can find both of the version numbers in Help -> About Microsoft Visual Studio)
    • the stack trace when VS crashes -- you can find it in Event Viewer under Windows Logs in the Application log with a level of Error and a source of ".NET Runtime"

Thanks in advance!
  • vRITHNERvRITHNER Posts: 3 New member
    Hello,
    • ReadyRoll for VS2017 version: 1.14.9.4465
    • Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 Preview
      Version 15.3.0 Preview 7.0
      VisualStudio.15.Preview/15.3.0-pre.7.0+26730.0
      Microsoft .NET Framework
      Version 4.7.02542[/center]

Thanks
    -Vince
  • vRITHNERvRITHNER Posts: 3 New member
    I just saw there is a new version 1.14.10.4533
    I'll try it and let you know
    -v
  • dnlnlndnlnln Posts: 234 Gold 2
    edited August 15, 2017 2:49AM
    Thank you for providing the additional information. We are now able to reproduce the problem and this has been raised with the team as a priority.

In the interim, instead of clicking the Connect to database or Change Connection buttons, you can change the project connection in the following way:
    1. In the Solution Explorer, right-click the project and select Properties
    2. Switch to the Debug tab, and under Target Connection String, click Edit to specify a connection
    3. Back in the ReadyRoll tool window, if the wizard has not advanced, click Start with an Empty Database (in spite of this action, your project will remain connected to the selected server & database)

I will update this thread as soon as a hotfix is available. Apologies for the inconvenience caused to anyone affected by this issue.
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software