SQL Compare - Generating a report options disabled

I updated to the latest frequent update (12.4.4.4771). Now I could not generate the report. The Menu Item is disabled.

Do any other setting needs to be done to get it enabled?. If so that is new to me, I have never done before

-Vijay

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Vijay

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. The "Generate comparison results report..." menu option should only be disabled when you don't currently have any comparison results open - could you try performing a comparison and seeing if the menu item is still disabled?

Thanks
    Mark
  • Hi Mark,

I agree, but I have enclosed the screen shot. See this

l4h84zpfqng8.png

• Hi Mark,

I take it back, after installation to latest version, i never rebooted, Once I restarted my computer it is working again.

• Mark JMark J Posts: 125 Bronze 4
    edited June 22, 2017 3:16PM
    Thanks for the update - I'm happy it's working again for you now. Let us know if you have any more problems in the future :)
  • Vijay KannanVijay Kannan Posts: 13
    edited June 23, 2017 1:42PM
    Mark,

I still feel there is some issues, when I restarted yesterday everything was good, but nothing changed from yesterday, but today when I want to generate report I was disabled

See this

p9aafn7knclf.png
  • Hmm, that's a problem. I'm sorry to say I can't reproduce the behaviour here (for me the menu item always seems to be enabled when appropriate) but we'll have a look and see if we can figure out what's going on.

Out of interest, have you noticed any particular things which might cause the menu item to be disabled? (eg does it happen refreshing the comparison or doing a comparison from scratch?)
  • Vijay KannanVijay Kannan Posts: 13
    edited June 23, 2017 2:29PM
    No I have not noticed anything. I was doing lot of comparison in last 2 days. When I want to generate report I found menu item is disabled.
  • I might have found something. It looks like if I close a project, then chose 'My projects', select a project and press 'Compare now', then the option is disabled. However, if I instead go to 'My projects', select a project, press Edit instead and then press 'Compare now' from the 'Edit project' window, then the menu item is enabled as expected. Does that match what you're seeing?
  • I always use My Projects. I think if you do something then it is enabled. In my case I just clicked save, then I could see the Generate Report option enabled.

I tried the way you mentioned, Going to My Project click Edit and then Compare now. The Generate Report option is enabled.
  • Mark,

Is this issue going to be fixed?.

-Vijay
  • Sorry for the delay here - I think we've tracked down the problem, so hoping to have a fix released some time this week if possible.
  • Andrew FAndrew F Posts: 21
    edited July 13, 2017 2:52PM
    We've just released version 12.4.7 to Frequent Updates which should contain a fix for this issue.