I can't see anything in the deployment summary

duongthaihaduongthaiha Posts: 6 New member
Hi
I have create build and release definition in VSTS and it works. However i dont see any Database deployment preview report please.
I have the following MSBuild Argument

/p:TargetServer="$(TargetServer)" /p:ShadowServer="$(ShadowServer)" /p:TargetDatabase="$(TargetDatabase)" /p:GenerateSqlPackage=True /p:TargetUsername="$(TargetUsername)" /p:TargetPassword="$(TargetPassword)" /p:ShadowUsername="$(ShadowUsername)" /p:ShadowPassword="$(ShadowPassword)"

My artifact content is folder
Database_Packages\ReadyRoll_DeployPackage.ps1
There is new column added in the migration script.
Is there any thing wrong or missing please?

Tagged:

Comments

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi there,

I'm glad we were able to get things up and running for you with further investigation via the ticket that you raised!

I just wanted to update the forum here in case others were seeing a similar issue. There appeared to be several small issues that could have affected this. The database named in the build process (TestReadyRoll) was different from that shown in the release (TempDBReadyRoll) which we believe was the main issue - rather this combined with the known issue where a deployment needs to occur to the target first before we can create the summary and diff reports.

Also, reusing the same variables for two different projects might possibly have had an effect (rather than specifying the variables for each project.

Thank you again for the feedback you provided as well, we always appreciate this!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?