Running Offline

henrykhenryk Posts: 5 New member
edited January 22, 2017 5:44PM in SQL Compare
I noticed latest version wants to be online more than say v11, i.e. forces you (as far as I can see).
Is it possible to run it disconnected from the net? Some of our systems are isolated from the net.

Cheers,
H

Comments

• Hi Henry,

It is still possible to run SQL Compare in an isolated environment without internet access. Can I ask what issues you are encountering?

Regards,
    David
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • henrykhenryk Posts: 5 New member
    Not an issue as much. Just noticed when I ran it for the first time, it wanted to log in to your licensing server.
    On this particular server, it was not a problem as it can connect, however thinking bigger picture and perhaps long term, we have some SQL servers in our SCADA environment which do not connect. Wondering how/if it would work there.

Cheers,
    H
  • It should still be possible to license Redgate products if you are offline. If the tool can't connect directly to our licensing server you'll be given an option to activate manually using a webpage on the Redgate website (obviously via a machine that does have an external network connection!). Once our tools have been licensed they won't need an internet connection to continue to work.

I hope this answers your question!

Matthew Chandler
    Software Developer on SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare
    Matthew Chandler
    Software Developer on SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare
  • henrykhenryk Posts: 5 New member
    Ok, thanks.
    H