Log Shipping error

derVampirderVampir Posts: 3 New member
edited September 15, 2016 8:36AM in SQL Backup
Hello,

I was just trying out Log Shipping with SQL Backup 8 in my testing environment: SQL Server 12 shipping to SQL Server 2016. When I set up log shipping using SQL Backup 8 (latest build) everything seemed fine but the restore job would fail every time. When I checked the job on the destination derver I found out that it had been created without any line breaks - the whole job code was one single line of code and therefore unusable. I manually updated the code and recompiled; now everything seems to be fine.

Here's what the Log Shipping Wizard created on the destination server:
DECLARE @errorcode INTDECLARE @sqlerrorcode INTEXECUTE master..sqlbackup '-SQL "RESTORE LOG [Nummernkreise] FROM DISK = ''\Server01LogShippingLOG_Nummernkreise_*.sqb'' WITH NORECOVERY, MOVETO = ''C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL13.MSSQLSERVERMSSQLBackup''"', @errorcode OUT, @sqlerrorcode OUT;IF (@errorcode >= 500) OR (@sqlerrorcode <> 0)BEGINRAISERROR ('SQL Backup failed with exit code: %d  SQL error code: %d', 16, 1, @errorcode, @sqlerrorcode)END
Is this an error in SQL Backup 8 or is something wrong on my system?

Regards, Ralph

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,

Thank you for your forum post and sorry that you have encountered.

What is the full exact version number of the SQL Backup GUI in use (Help menu ->About)?
    Also the full exact version number SQL Backup Server components version of the restoring server (right click the server in the GUI ->Select Properties ->In the table that appears 'service application version' and 'SQL Backup version')?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com