Including WHERE clause in deployment script

jmeyerjmeyer Posts: 70 Bronze 2
edited September 14, 2016 11:47AM in SQL Data Compare
v12.0.25.3064:
When comparing tables utilizing a WHERE clause to restrict the datasets to be compared and then subsequently generating the deployment code the code will include the WHERE clause from the filter even though the WHERE clause would not provide any value for the look-up of the record if either a primary key , unique constraint, or unique index are being used for the update statements.

Comments

• Hi There,

Yes I can see your point - once we have decided which rows to update the WHERE clause seems redundant. I suppose there are cases where the target has changed that the where clause might have some use. Has this behaviour caused you any issues using SQL Data Compare?

Matthew Chandler
    Software Developer on SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare
    Matthew Chandler
    Software Developer on SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare
  • jmeyerjmeyer Posts: 70 Bronze 2
    Matt:

Thanks for the reply. May primary issue is that the deployment script get unnecessarily large if you're synchronizing large tables. I regularly sync 100,000+ or even millions of records in our DEV/QA data warehouse environments. Regarding the argument that the target may have changed, then we're having a bigger issue with the synchronization tot he target as the sync itself may no longer be valid.