Options

Data compare displaying incorrect info

jmeyerjmeyer Posts: 70 Bronze 2
edited September 15, 2016 6:38AM in SQL Data Compare
v12.0.25.3064:
Comparing two table on INT primary key, tow other columns are VARCHAR. Option force binary collation enabled. Rows in source and destination are differrent due to different capitalization. The main window shows the same VARCHAR strings from the destination table but if I click on the row details for that column then the pop-up window shows the correct source and destination data and correctly highlights the capitalization differences.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Thanks for notifying us of this. I've managed to reproduce this issue locally and we're currently working on a fix as a priority. I'll let you know when we have an updated version. It appears some of the work we did optimising the grid in 12.0.25 has caused some errors.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have shipped a new version of SQL Data Compare (12.0.26) with this bug fixed on our frequent releases channel, which can be installed from check for updates in the product. I hope this did not cause you too much inconvenience. Thanks again for getting in touch,

Matthew Chandler
    Software Developer on SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare
    Matthew Chandler
    Software Developer on SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare