Filtering DLM Dashboard

AndyeAndye Posts: 6
edited September 13, 2016 10:35PM in DLM Dashboard
Brand new to Redgate so this question may be just not reading.

Having established DLM and connected to a database I have found a number of unnecessary tables being checked.

I wanted to filter these out.

I read and re-read the section of the manual describing this process and the part that has me confused is this.
Create a filter in SQL Compare or SQL Source Control
DLM Dashboard supports filters created using SQL Compare or SQL Source Control:
    * to create filters using SQL Compare, see Using filters * to create filters using SQL Source Control, see Using filters to exclude objects
I'm not sure of a number of things here.

There's an alternate and detailed description of hand editing a .scpf file.

So based on this description I tried creating a filter in SQL Source Control, which I did successfully through a well laid out wizard.
Having completed this process is DLM now filtered? It seems not as I'm still getting schema drift warnings via DLM for the objects in the SSC filter.
Do I export the filter created in SSC to a .scpf file? If so, how?

Thanks
Andrew

Comments

• Hi Andrew,

To filter in DLM Dashboard you need to go to the Pipeline view and click on the "Filter objects..." link on the right hand side of the screen. You'll then be able to upload the filter file for DLM Dashboard to use.

If you've committed a filter to your repository in SQL Source Control, you'll need to retrieve the Filter.spcf file that is now in your repository and use this filter file file in DLM Dashboard.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • If you've committed a filter to your repository in SQL Source Control, you'll need to retrieve the Filter.spcf file that is now in your repository and use this filter file file in DLM Dashboard.

Thanks for the reply Robert.

I'm clear on the application of the filter my question relates to gettinggenerating the .spcf file itself.

I'm using the "evaluation repository". How do I retrieve the spcf file from this repository?

regards
    Andrew
  • Sorry, I misunderstood a little.

In that case, probably the easiest thing to do would be to go to the Setup tab in SQL Source Control, then find the "Under the hood" section and click on "Show". Click on the button labelled "Open working base" and you'll find the filter file in the directory that is opened.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Thanks Roberts that's what I was after.