Top 10 Query (Totals) option removed

DonFergusonDonFerguson Posts: 196 Silver 5
edited August 29, 2016 1:06PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
It appears that the top 10 query totals radio button was removed from the legacy Server Overview page. Was that intentional?

Comments

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi Don,

This is a known regression with internal reference SRP-10743 that is already resolved awaiting the next version - the options are still shown in the Beta preview page so it was not meant to be done.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • DonFergusonDonFerguson Posts: 196 Silver 5
    Thanks for clarifying. The fact that it's in the new preview version is good, but the new preview version doesn't show a 15 minute window like the classic view does. The smallest window the preview version allows is 6 hours.
    Hi Don,

The 6 hour window is for the entire spread of the very top graph, the data within the page is based on the highlighted section of the top graph which you can customize to be the entire width of the top graph or you can shrink it down to a 15 minute slice. The Top 10 Queries table would then be populated with data for that 15 minute slice. You can change the area of concentration by clicking on the squares on the vertical grey bars at the edges of the white area within the grey area on the top graph and pulling them together.

If that doesn't seem to be working for you or I've been unclear please let me know and I'll try to clarify further!

Kind regards,
    Alex

I am not seeing these vertical squares that would adjust the time slice to 15 minutes. But I did notice that it's a two hour slice as opposed to a six hour slice.
    Oh, I see them now. They are on the graph. Thanks.
    Hi Don,

Great stuff! Do let us know if you have any other questions or feedback on the preview!

Kind regards,
    Alex