Options

Disk Space alerts on B: Drive

teriborlteriborl Posts: 5
edited August 22, 2016 10:28AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi all,
I am often getting a Disk space alert for the B: drive on my servers. I was under the impression that the B: drive is not monitored by Redgate as that is the traditional floppy Disk drive. So I guess I have a couple of questions here. Should Redgate be monitoring the B: Drive? If so, any idea how I can exclude the B: drive from my monitoring as it is just generating "noise".

Any help would be appreciate.

Comments

• Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,132 Diamond 4
    Hi Teriborl,

I was under the impression the main floppy disk drive letter was the A: drive (with secondary being the B: drive), but I don't know that we specifically ignore these letters by default (we may - I just am not aware if we are). The only things I know that we ignore are hidden system partitions.

As for ignoring the specific drive letter - you can go to Configuration > Alert settings and then in the hierarchy tree view at the left drill down to and select the server receiving alerts for the B: drive. With this server selected in the list of alerts on the click the triangle next to Disk space - (all disks) to expand down the list of disks on that server. Finally choose the B: drive from the list of drives and choose "Don't raise **Disk space** alerts on this level and all levels below" - since this is the most specific level (the B: Drive on a specific server) it will only affect this drive.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    Hi Alex,
    many thanks for your reply. I have disabled the alert for the B: drive on each server.
    I think you are right, A: drive was the old floppy drive, maybe B: too... who knows : :?

Thanks for your help!