Options

SQL Monitor 5.1 db recreation

MarkusMarkus Posts: 26 Bronze 2
edited July 25, 2016 8:30AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Is there anyway to recreate the RedGateMonitor db without deinstalling/reinstalling the product? Our database became corrupt and the backups are bad.

Comments

• Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,132 Diamond 4
    Hi Markus,

You can just delete and recreate the database and the services will automatically add the tables when they realise it is an empty database.

First ensure that the SQL Monitor services are stopped. Then go into SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and right click on the RedGateMonitor database > Script Database as > CREATE To > New Query Editor Window this will give you the creation script for the structure of the database (with size, autogrowth and other properties). After this just delete the old database and it's files then run the creation script in a new query window (or point the old window at master). When you restart the services all the configuration will be the same pointing to the same database name so it will automatically populate the database with the requisite tables.

When you start the web UI next it will ask you to create the administrator password and you're away.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    MarkusMarkus Posts: 26 Bronze 2
    Wow, thanks for that information. That is very helpful.

I think we have resolved our db corruption but I will keep that information handy if we need to recreate the db structures.

-Mark
  • Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,132 Diamond 4
    Hi Mark,

Ah, that's great to hear! Thanks for letting me know.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?