Failed to update file from source control

snaphookssnaphooks Posts: 2
Hi,
I'm getting this error consistently after syncing with out Git repository:

"Failed to update file from source control: [DatabaseObjectId: Name=UIEditSessionSubsequentReviewCriteria, Owner=dbo, ObjectType=Table]."

I even used SQL Compare to sync the db with the files in the repository, but SQL Source Control still can't sync with the file system.

Anyone seen this? I'm not getting a response from RedGate.

Thanks,

Comments

• Hi,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing this problem. If you try unlinking the database and then relinking it, does that help?
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • DBAJohnnyDBAJohnny Posts: 28 Bronze 2
    I use Team Services and have had similar errors the last two days just clicking on the "commit changes" tab after applying changes from the "get latest." This morning I attempted to resolve the problem by unlinking/relinking but regretted doing so as I'm testing migration scripts on the beta RC.

Just now I got the message again, and went out to the "Caches" subfolder under "Transients" and deleted the whole folder (I had to go out of SSMS first). On reconnecting to SSMS the problem was no longer observed.
  • I'm pleased to hear that clearing the cache helped. This sounds like a known issue that should be fixed in the next release.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software