Options

Splitting builds and releases (VSTS + Redgate CI)

stefanzvonarstefanzvonar Posts: 2
edited May 13, 2016 4:42AM in SQL CI 2
Hi,

Would anyone be able to help point me in the right direction here?

With VSTS, in the "Build" hub, I am trying to have the database build (as its own package) like follows:

ppYV6Gz.png

And in the VSTS "Release" hub, I am trying to sync the database to the database in Azure like follows:

jWNdHii.png

But I am receiving the following error when I try to run the release:

hoVVmhy.png
"Parsing commandline options failed with error: The specified file, 'CI-Bld-Database', does not exist. (resolved to 'C:Windowssystem32CI-Bld-Database')"

Note 1: The database build succeeds, only the release is failing
Note 2: If I added a task to the build to perform the sync that works, however in this case, I want to split the build and the sync between Build and Release.

Essentially, I want the testing team to be able to select last night's build, and sync in with the test environment, at a time of their choosing.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Comments

• Options
    Hi Stefan,

Unfortunately the SQL CI plugin refers to an environment variable that only exists within the "Build" section of VSTS, so it has a problem when you try to use it in the "Release" section. This means that in the "Package ID" textbox you have to provide an absolute path to the NuGet package, so for my environment I've entered the following -
    $(AGENT.RELEASEDIRECTORY)$(BUILD.DEFINITIONNAME)myPackagemyPackage.1.0.nupkg

You might want to have a look at using our SQL Release plugin for this instead - it may well suit your scenario better and doesn't require this workaround. Here's the link to it in the VS Marketplace - https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/it ... SqlRelease
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software