Invalid column name 'remote_data_archive_migration_state'

adambaldwinadambaldwin Posts: 7
edited March 8, 2016 4:10PM in SQL Compare 11
During our database deployments, we are receiving an error on this column. The error we're seeing in Octopus Deploy is:

New-DatabaseRelease : SQLCompare.exe terminated with the exit code 126: Failed due to a SQL Server error.
SQLCompare.exe produced this error output:
Error: Error occurred connecting to database: Invalid column name
'remote_data_archive_migration_state'.
At E:OctopusWork20160303193926-2787Script.ps1:61 char:12
+ $release = New-DatabaseRelease -Target $targetDB `

We have followed the resolution mentioned in this post: viewtopic.php?t=79342&p=140875

We have performed updates but are still seeing the same error when we are attempting to deploy to our production environment. We are using Azure, Octopus is version 3.2.0-beta0001 and the latest version of DLM automation tools.

Thanks

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

Thank you for your forum post and sorry that you have encountered a problem.

Would you please confirm the full version of SQL Compare you are using?

The problem is due to an update that Microsoft have introduced to SQL Azure. Our development team are working on a fix for the issue, hence the request to see what version of SQL Compare you are using.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • It looks like the latest version of SQL Release (1.3.10.1300) comes packaged with a SQL Compare with the bugfix in - could you verify that you're using that version? Thanks :)
  • The only version number I see installed for is for DLM Automation tools is 1.3.20.463. I don't see another version number for SQL Release or SQL CI.

Thanks,

-Adam
  • Hi Adam,

1.3.20.463 is the latest version of the automation suite and contains SQL Release 1.3.10.1300.
    The Octopus log should say which version of SQL Release was used in the deployment, e.g. on my machine it prints "New-DatabaseRelease, SQL Release 1.3.10.1300, Copyright © Red Gate Software Ltd 2014-2016". Can you check if this line is present and which version number it is reporting?

Robin
    Robin Hellen
    Test Engineer
    DLM Automation
  • Hi Robin,

You totally found what was going on. Octopus Deploy was grabbing from one of our older agents that is almost retired and I wasn't catching that because I was looking at TeamCity logs...

Thanks for all your help!