SQL 2016 CTP 3.2 mem table issue

wpostmawpostma Posts: 22
We are doing a new project and this project will of course be many years long, and for our initial development, the new JSON features of SQL 2016 are of key importance. SO I thought, I'll evaluate SQL Source Control and see if we can use it.

The database appears to import fine, but once we've imported any [mem] tables appear as "changed" with change type "edit" and yet, I can not see any actual difference in the text.

To make sure, I copy the text from the left and right pane of the internal diff viewer into two text files and used an external diff tool. There are absolutely no displayed differences, the changes are binary identical. When I click commit, I get the error "nothing to commit" which of course aborts the "sending files to source control server".

I have SQL 4.1.8.41 trial installed into SQL Management Studio for SQL 2016 CTP3 (13.0.900.73).

An exception occurred during the commit (since there was no change to commit), clearly it's a bug. I submitted a bug report.

Comments

• Hi,

Unfortunately SQL Source Control doesn't officially support SQL Server 2016 yet. This may be the reason behind the issue, but I don't know this definitively. In order to check, I'm in the process of setting up a test environment to see if I can replicate the problem.

I'll hopefully get back to you in the next couple of days with an update.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Hi,

Although we still don't officially support SQL Server 2016, this issue should be fixed by the latest frequent update release of SQL Source Control (4.1.14.171). Could you try updating your install to this version and checking to see if it fixes things for you? If you need a download link then you can download it from here - ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQLS ... 14.171.exe

I hope this helps.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • It's fixed in that build you linked. I'm downloading the Feb 18th frequent release build and will continue to test with SQL 2016 CTP!

Our company has now bought 5 licenses of this product. Thanks for the good technical support.

Warren
  • Hi Warren,

That's great to hear! Thanks for letting us know.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software