Options

E-mail Issue After Upgrade to 5.0.1

pharrellpharrell Posts: 6 Bronze 2
edited December 15, 2015 1:55PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hello,

After upgrading SQL Monitor from v4 to v5.0.1.1302 last night I noticed that e-mail notifications were no longer working.
    We have been using the same Exchange 2013 server and the same port number for our configuration The server does not require authentication The server does not require SSL The error I found in the web log was: "
2015-11-07 00:48:53,182 [ 36] WARN RedGate.Response.Engine.Alerting.Base.Core.Email.SendMail - Sending email failed
System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated
at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at #GVG.#IVG.#7VG(EmailSettings , String , IEnumerable`1 , String , NameValueCollection )
"
Everything else appears to be working like normal
All other SQL servers and monitoring applications I have use the same Exchange server without issue

Please let me know what else you might need from me in order to troubleshoot and resolve this.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Hi pharrell,

We have been corresponding in the support ticket you created but for other users who may run into this I want to provide some further information.

In the logs there was on error different from the others as shown below - it was this:
    RedGate.Response.Engine.Alerting.Base.Core.Email.SendMail - Sending email failed System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

We found this SO article that seemed related: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2610 ... -procedure but have not heard if the issue was resolved by this at this point. It is also worth mentioning when speaking of SMTP issues that if the server our application is on has changed you may need to enable relay from that server in the Exchange server (i.e. was installed on server A now installed on server B, will need to enable relay from server B in MS Exchange).

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?