Options

Backup Overdue on Secondary Databases on Availability Groups

cjbaumcjbaum Posts: 9
edited November 12, 2015 6:29AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Im getting errors on my secondary of my availability group saying that the backup is overdue ? The full & log backups are handled with a priority weighted towards the primary. Should the tool acknowledge that the server is apart of an AAG ?

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

Thank you for your forum post.

SQL Monitor at the time of typing this reply, does not yet fully support SQL Server Always-On High Availability Groups and therefore see's the secondary as a separate database.

The good news currently in development, the next version of SQL Monitor will support SQL Server Always-On High Availability Groups. I will check with my colleagues that the scenario you have described:
    The full & log backups are handled with a priority weighted towards the primary.
    Will be supported and not generate the backup is overdue alert.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Hi

I have checked with both the Product and Project Managers for SQL Monitor V5.

Always On High Availability support will definitely be added in SQL Monitor V5. The scenario you describe, may slip due to time constraints from the initial v5.0.0.x release to V5.0.1.x build. SQL Monitor V5 is scheduled for release later this year, sadly I do not have an exact release date.

I will update this post when I have further information.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Thanks for the update
  • Options
    Hi

Quick update, SQL Monitor V5 is now available, which includes support for Always On High Availability Groups. Version 5.0.1 can be download via this LINK.

If you have not already done so, please download and upgrade your SQL Monitor installation to V5.0.1.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd