Deleted objects doesn't delete the file in Script Folder

rrerre Posts: 42 Bronze 2
edited August 3, 2015 4:44AM in SQL Compare 11
Hello,
I have the following scenario. I am comparing a database with a script folder. In case I have dropped an object (for instance a SP) on my database it get's identified by SQL Compare to be deleted from the script folder. Unfortunately SQL Compare only empty the file without / instead of deleting it. Afterwards when I want to check in the changes of the script folder to our repository it just tells me a difference in the file, but actually it got deleted/dropped.

Do you could tell my why SQL Compare doesn't delete the file in ScriptFolder?
Do you need more information?

Comments

• Hi there,

I've asked around a bit and it looks like this is due to how SQL Source Control is implemented. SQL Source Control uses SQL Compare under the hood, and when it wants to delete a file it wants to use the version control system (VCS) API to do it rather than having Compare delete the file, because of edge cases in some VCS implementations. Unfortunately this means that when SQL Compare deploys to a scripts folder normally, it ends up emptying the file instead of deleting it.
  • rrerre Posts: 42 Bronze 2
    Sorry, for the late reply.

Thx for the information. Ok, then we will have deleted from time to time 0 Bytes files for all sub directory to avoid confusions.