Options

SQL Compare XML reports not capturing object differences

davidcaughilldavidcaughill Posts: 2
edited July 23, 2015 6:27PM in SQL Compare 11
I am currently using the SQL Compare 11 Enterprise tool to capture and report out differences between several database environments. I do this by calling (via PowerShell) sqlcompare.exe and generating both .html and .xml reports. For some reason, despite being called in an identical fashion using the same .scp project and the same .scpf filter, my .html reports are capturing correct data but the .xml reports are being generated as empty with no differences captured.

If I run the same .scp project via the GUI I am able to successfully generate both a .html file and a .xml report.

The command line code being called is:

#Generate xml QAtoProd Report
.sqlcompare.exe /project:"C:Usersadministrator.CORPDocumentsSQL CompareSharedProjectsVTDiff_QAtoProd.scp" /report:"K:VTdbDiffReportsQAtoProdReport.xml" /rad /ReportType:XML

#Generate html QAtoProd Report
.sqlcompare.exe /project:"C:Usersadministrator.CORPDocumentsSQL CompareSharedProjectsVTDiff_QAtoProd.scp" /report:"K:VTdbDiffReportsQAtoProdReport.html" /rad /ReportType:Interactive

Has anyone seen similar behavior and does anyone have a workaround for the command line?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Hi David,

Thanks for your post and sorry you are having this issue!
    I have replicated this and it seems to only be a problem when using a project file in the command line. If you specify all of the instance information and options in the command line then the XML file will contain all of the relevant information. This has been reported to the developers for triaging.

I have followed up with you via email to make sure you have a viable workaround.

Warm Regards,
    Andrew Pierce
    Andrew Pierce
    Technical Sales Engineer
    Redgate Software