Options

Non Source Control Users

MattCherryMattCherry Posts: 2
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Source Control product but have it installed now. We have setup the source control to use the main version of the database rather than local copies. I was wondering if its possible to prevent people modifying views or tables or making changes to the structure if they do not have the source control installed. I tested this and was able to modify a view in the database without Source Control.

My other question was around the "Locking" of objects such as tables or views if they can be "Checked Out". Is this a feature as I cant see it in my version which I am pretty sure is the most up to date copy.

Thanks,

Matt

Comments

• Options
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for your post.

This isn't a feature of SQL Source Control right now, but it should be in the very near future!
    Quality Coach
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Just to follow up on this, we recently released object locking as a beta feature in our latest Frequent Updates release. To get this, go to Help > Check for Updates and turn on Frequent Updates in the configuration option.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Just to follow up on this, we recently released object locking as a beta feature in our latest Frequent Updates release. To get this, go to Help > Check for Updates and turn on Frequent Updates in the configuration option.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software